Deadline: January 31, 2022
The Software Development Company (SDC) is looking for a multi-paradigm, talented DevOps Engineer to deploy and manage applications on large-scale installations on Linux, Windows servers, and desktops. Successful candidates will be required to immediately relocate to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The company takes care of relocation including flight tickets, visas, and insurance.
- Participate in the product development lifecycle
- Perform server design and capacity planning
- Visit customer’s sites to deploy and manage the installations
- Deploy and manage Linux and Windows server applications
- Setup and manage database servers - MSSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, MariaDB, Minio.
- Setup and deploy web servers such as Nginx.
- Write deployment scripts
- Troubleshoot issues with deployments and monitor server performance
- Manage all hardware, do software upgrades and patches to OS
- Be responsible for HA/DR of the servers
- Perform backups and recovery requests
- Collect user feedback, convert it into support tickets
- Document their work
- Bachelor's degree (a soft requirement but would greatly help with the process of obtaining a work visa)
- Good spoken and written English. Russian or Armenian knowledge is a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities are highly sought-after
- Easy adaption to frequent changes in work environment & prioritization
- Solid understanding of computer networking principles
- Practical knowledge of Python, Powershell, or some other scripting language of choice
- Knowledge of commonly-used Linux CLI tools
- Familiarity with Linux firewall configurations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Services stack such as IIS, DNS/DHCP, WINS, .NET
- Solid understanding of Active Directory delegation and security models
- Exposure to using Puppet, CHEF, Ansible, or other CM tools
- Experience with JVM-based applications deployment and troubleshooting
- Ability to quit vim
- Experience with any of the following is a plus - Kubernetes, Docker, Cassandra, Kafka, MSSQL, Redis, MariaDB, Minio, Apache Camel.
- Pre-covid experience of working remotely is a plus
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Work with general or minimal supervision
- Leverage existing and potential training